I had a BLAST today on WSBT Television morning show!!! Thank you Thank you for having me!
This morning I shared a quick and simple Father’s Day gift. We love giving gift cards to our Daddy, but what we don’t like is how impersonal it is to give one. So, to help remedy the situation, we add little hand-made touches to go along with the gift.
Chalkboard “We Love You Because….” Mug
and Decorated Root Beer Bottles
First up is the ” We LOVE you because” Chalkboard Mug
“We Love you because…” Chalkboard Mug
Mug-I got mine from Bed Bath and Beyond
Sharpie Permanent Marker
1. Write on your mug with your Sharpie Marker…whatever design or words you wish, if you make a mistake you can use nail polish remover to wipe it off.
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min. this helps to set the marker on the mug so it doesn’t come off and you can wash it in the dishwasher…although I wouldn’t recommend it with the chalkboard paper attached.
3. Allow to cool
4. Using your paper punch, punch out your shape out of the chalkboard contact paper.
5. Adhere to mug.
6. Take your chalk and lightly rub on the chalkboard to make it set.
7. Rub off a little bit and then you can write your message.
Next up is the Decorative Root Beer Bottles
Decorative Root Beer Bottles
Root Beer or any time of beverage in a glass bottle
Paper Straw- you can get at Craft Stores
Black Cardstock- I recommend Core’dinations (available at Jo Ann’s)
Green Card stock- I recommend Core’dinations (available at Jo Ann’s)
1. Print Templates and Cut out
2. Take mustache and lightly sand with sand paper…this gives the mustache texture.
3. Hot glue mustache to paper straw
4. Take bow tie and put hot glue in the middle and adhere ends to hot glue.
5. Take bow tie and hot glue it to the clothespin
6. Hot glue clothespin to Root Beer Bottle
7. Open Clothespin and attach straw
Thank you again WSBT TV for having me! I had an
Have a SUPER FUN day!
Live it Creatively!!!