It’s the MOST wonderful tiiiimmmme of the yearrrr!!! Can you hear the tune ringing in your ears? Well, while it is a wonderful time of the year, it can also be busy and feel overwhelming. This year we have toned down our busyness. Normally I have 100,000 things to do and think about. I have always wanted to do it ALL and exceed expectations. But, I get lost in the real true meaning of what is most important during the Christmas season. This year we (my husband and I) toned it down and did not go overboard. I am SO happy with this decision. One thing we did do that is super fun and easy is to make these candy ornaments!
(or as I call them sometimes Orna’mints’)
These are easy, fun to make, and don’t take a lot of time. When you’re done you feel professional, lol!
hard candy- Jolly Ranchers and mints
Cookie sheet covered in a silpat mat is what we used or you can use parchment paper
ribbon or twine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place silpat mat on top of cookie sheet
- Spray the inside of the cookie cutters with cooking spray
- Place hard candy inside 3 to 8 candies depending on how big or small your cookie cutter is.
- Place in the oven for about 6 minutes or until the candy had melted. (mints take longer than jolly ranchers)
- take out of oven and let cool for 1 minute or so and use skewer to form a hole. You can also use a frosting tip and leave it inside. You also don’t need to make a hole. You can just put them out for kiddos to enjoy.
- Allow to cool and gently remove from cookie cutter
- Tie twine, hang on tree, enjoy!
Here are some more we made…
These are a bit breakable just an fyi. We made some other ones but got broken, lol! The mint are more sturdy than the solid jolly ranchers.
Wishing you and your family lots of Joy this Christmas.